Leon County 4-H Photography Project Leader: Mrs. Cindy Page (Centerville 4-H)
Contact her at: Cindy_guarantytitleco@yahoo.com
Camera time! In the 4-H photography project you will learn to use cameras, lighting, and other photography equipment to get great shots. You’ll learn to review and evaluate photos for quality and appearance. You will learn about techniques in editing and developing photographs for display, competition, or personal enjoyment.
You can attend state-wide photography workshops throughout the year. Workshops may cover topics such as photography careers or features hands on photography practice while taking photos of animals and horsemanship activities.
You’ll learn how to:
- take photos using a tripod
- utilize different lighting
- take photos of people, locations, and animals
- use shutter speeds
- tell a story with your photos
2019-2020 County 4-H Photography Contest!
Deadline March 3, 2020!
Awards will be presented at county roundup on March 17!
More information below!
Texas 4-H Photography Resources and Information!
- Photography Videos: (videos are at the bottom of the page): https://extension.umn.edu/projects-and-more/4-h-photography-project these videos break down the parts of taking a good, quality picture. They are done by students and are pretty informative.
- Photography Lesson Plans: https://4h.tennessee.edu/Pages/projects/photo.aspx put together by Tennessee. Handy information to have to add to this project
- Texas 4-H Photography Explore Guide: http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Explore_Photography.pdf breaks down the parts of this project into 6 weeks’ worth of lessons.