4-H Photography Workshops & Field Trips!!!!
We typically host a photography workshop in the spring and a couple others throughout the year! They will be added as they are planned!
CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 4-H Wildflower Photography Field Trip 3-21-2020
CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 4-H Wildflower Photography Field Trip MORE DETAILS 3-21-2020
Leon County 4-H Photography Project Leader: Mrs. Cindy Page (Centerville 4-H)
Contact her at: Cindy_guarantytitleco@yahoo.com
2019-2020 County 4-H Photography Contest!
CONGRATULATIONS 4-H Photography Contestants!!!!
Results will be emailed to contestants and posted below:
Photos Highlighted in Purple Advance to D8 4-H Contest!
- 2020 Photo Entries based on Category with Contestant Name & Scores- Juniors
- 2020 Photo Entries based on Category with Contestant Name & Scores- Intermediates
- 2020 Photo Entries based on Category with Contestant Name & Scores- Seniors
- 2020 Photo Entries based on Category with Contestant Name & Scores- Clover Kids
- All Clover Kids Receive the same awards along with their comments & score sheets
Awards & Prizes will be ready for pickup starting Tuesday, 3/24/2020!
More information below!
4-H Photography Judges are NEEDED- Email Ms. Cassie if you would be willing to volunteer!
High School Students are welcome to judge Clover Kid (K-2nd Graders) Photos too!
Other Photography Opportunities: Photography Opportunities
Camera time! In the 4-H photography project you will learn to use cameras, lighting, and other photography equipment to get great shots. You’ll learn to review and evaluate photos for quality and appearance. You will learn about techniques in editing and developing photographs for display, competition, or personal enjoyment.
You can attend state-wide photography workshops throughout the year. Workshops may cover topics such as photography careers or features hands on photography practice while taking photos of animals and horsemanship activities.
You’ll learn how to:
- take photos using a tripod
- utilize different lighting
- take photos of people, locations, and animals
- use shutter speeds
- tell a story with your photos
Texas 4-H Photography Resources and Information!
- Photography Videos: (videos are at the bottom of the page): https://extension.umn.edu/projects-and-more/4-h-photography-project these videos break down the parts of taking a good, quality picture. They are done by students and are pretty informative.
- Photography Lesson Plans: https://4h.tennessee.edu/Pages/projects/photo.aspx put together by Tennessee. Handy information to have to add to this project
- Texas 4-H Photography Explore Guide: http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Explore_Photography.pdf breaks down the parts of this project into 6 weeks’ worth of lessons.
District 8 4-H Photography Results: